Meet the Harmoning Agency Team
The Harmoning Agency was started in 2000 and moved to the present location on Main Street in Franklin, in August of 2005. Since deciding to enter the insurance business, we have strived to assist our insureds in understanding their coverage and how it protects them. We pride ourselves on explaining and educating our clients on what is available to them for coverage. Our motto is "You will understand what you are buying."
We are proud members of the Minnesota Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers Association (MIIB).
Five Reasons to Work with Us
We are a local agency and have been serving the Franklin community since 2000.
We give back to our local community and have great relationships with local organizations.
We will provide you with protection and a relationship you can count on.
We are here for you via email, office text and the office phone number is forwarded to a personal cell phone after hours.
We have extensive farm insurance knowledge and continue to take courses to further our education.
Meet Our Team
Joel Harmoning, Licensed Career Agent
Joel uses the lessons learned, both on the family farm in Northwestern Minnesota and his years in the United States Marine Corps, daily in his business. After his family, the next greatest joy is providing quality protection for his customers! Why aren’t you one of his customers?
6 Facts About Joel
- Husband to Linda (Knott) since 1993 with four children and three grandchildren
- Graduate of the Lafayette High School in Red Lake Falls, Minnesota
- Is serving on the Franklin Fire Department as a firefighter since 1995 and served as a member of the Franklin Development Corporation
- Proud member of CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor) since 2006
- 6 Time Summit Qualifier - National Sales Honor Award and 2008 Minnesota Agent of the Year recipient
- 2021 Farmers Union Agency Shield of Excellence recipient
Shylyn Lothert, Licensed Property and Causality Insurance Agent
Shylyn is very skilled and personable, handling our day to day office operations. When visiting our office, she is the welcoming face that greets you as you walk through our door.
5 Facts About Shylyn
- She's a Minnesota gal!
- Graduate of Springfield High School in Springfield, Minnesota
- Avid golfer
- Graduate of SDSU with a Bachelors in Business Economics
- Loves to hike with her dogs
Brooke Jackson, Remote Assistant
Brooke is the behind the scenes powerhouse who assists the team with insurance quotes for our customers. Although you won't see her at our office, her work allows us to service our customers more timely.
5 Facts About Brooke
- Born and raised in small town Minnesota
- Graduate of Cedar Mountain High School and Associate's Degree of Liberal Arts from SMSU
- Wife to Colin Jackson since 2015 and mom to 3 spunky kids
- Loves to spend time on the lake or river in her kayak
- Favorite type of books to read are psychological thrillers